Tuesday, February 07, 2006

How It All Started

I started to have interest in dancing when I was about 5-6 years old. It all rooted from everytime my uncles came to visit us we were required to show our talent in order to bag a box of chocholate or a bunch of sweets or candies. On my part I put up a show on dancing, my sisters on the other hands they have to walk parading their gowns (even though how torn there were .. ekkekekek) aka beauty contest. My two sister always won the top 2 positions and I have to resort for a 3rd place, hence getting the sweets all the time!! ... I don't mind really as sweets made me more active at that point of time. And I was hyperactive then .....

Growing up, I knew it that dancing for me personnally is just a hobby ... not a profession that I will pursue as career. So, it was kinna on and off and everytime there were opportunities for dance performances I was always a part of it. Mainly for fun and perhaps an excuse to gain self confidence and the thrill of performing in front of other people. But the 'fun' part is particularly the main reason.

Coming from a not so rich background, I've never taken any dance lessons from dancing schools apart from the ones thaught in schools and dance gig at a friend's house. Opportunity only arises when I went off to Scotland to pursue my study that I enrolled in dance classess conducted by the university's recreation class. Again I took dance lessons when I further my study back in the UK (in Wales). Learning dancing is quite expensive in the UK as the dance lessons run by the recreation club is fall under the Faculty of Performing Art of the University itself. Since I only took a part time classes I only got to spend an hour and a half a day for my dance lessons. These include Latin and Ballroom, and Jazz. The latter required my to dance basic ballet for two weeks just to get essence of basic pliers and piruvet. Of which I never got it perfect until now. The former - Latin include salsa, murengue, cha cha cha, rhumba, etc whilst the ballroom include, waltz, cha cha cha, jive, quickstep, tango etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home